At the Soulard Idea Market last week (about which Randy Holloway has written and I am going write), Matt Homann introduced the concept of the ‘unreasonable request,’ which he in turn picked up from Lisa Haneberg. In the (un)conference setting of the Idea Market, each person was offered the opportunity to post a request on the wall, and every one else had the opportunity to look at these requests and act on them (or not).
At the time of the gathering, I couldn’t think of anything that really fell into that category. After some interesting discussions with my son this past weekend, however, I have come upon an ‘unreasonable request’ that I’m hoping someone can assist with.
Actually, this is a two part request, the parts being related but unique:
- Pokemon Box is no longer available (at least as far as I could see) at the Pokemon Center.
- There are non-US versions of Box on e-Bay and other sites, but I’ve not seen a US version
- The guys at the local game shop had never heard of Pokemon Box.
2. Can you help me find someone who has a copy of the Pokemon Colosseum Promo Disk (again for Nintendo Game Cube) and is willing to part with it for free (or next to free)?
- This is available on e-Bay and other sites, but for quite a bit more than I’d like to fork out.
- I asked at the local game shop, figuring their prices might be a bit better than on e-Bay, but they don’t deal in Promo Disks (though they said they’d keep an eye out).
The purpose of this request, if you’re not familiar with the world of Pokemon, is the elusive goal of “Gotta catch ’em all!”
If would like to respond to this request (either part), please drop a note in the comments or feel free to drop me an e-mail at email@example.com.